Sample size determination for binomial test
Threshold proportion ($p_0$) correspond to the null hypothesis.
Expected proportion ($p$) correspond to the alternative hypothesis.
Normal approximation: this application use the score-type standard error (i.e., standard error under $H_0$).
Exact test of a binomal porportion: This method can be computationally intensive. Please be careful.
- Agresti A. Categorical data analysis, 2nd ed. Wiley, 2002.
- Fleiss JL, Levin B, Paik MC. Statistical methods for rate and proportion, 3rd ed. Wiley, 2003.
- Johnson NL, Kemp AW, Kotz S. Univariate discrete distributions, 3rd ed. Wiley, 2005.
- 2014/12/17 Added: English translation
- 2012/7/17 Added: test release
To cite this page
- Nagashima K. A sample size determination tool for the binomial test [Internet]. 2012 Jul 17 [cited 20XX YYY ZZ]; Available from: https://nshi.jp/en/js/onebinom/.